It may have a long ingredient list, but this delicious paleo bread is the perfect weekend project that you’ll keep coming back to.
- 1 5.3 oz container of Original Lavva
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 2T Lavva Plant Milk, Unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot, or pumpkin puree
- 1 T Lemon juice + zest of one lemon
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1⁄4 cups Sweet Potato Flour (can sub coconut flour)
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
NUTS + SEEDS
- 1⁄2 cup flax seeds, divided (1⁄4 c Flax seeds for batter + 3 T ground for flax egg + 1 T for topping)
- 1T Chia seeds
- 2T Sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 1/3 cup Almonds
- 2 T Unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin seeds + 2 T (for topping)
- 2T hemp seeds (for topping)
- 2T sunflower seeds (for topping)
- Maldon Salt for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees + line a 9 X 5 loaf pan with parchment.
Make Flax Egg. Combine 3 T of ground flax seed with 1⁄2 c of water, let sit while preparing the rest of the batter.
In small food processor combine walnuts, almond, toasted coconut and pumpkin seeds, and 1⁄4 c of the flax seeds, pulse until nuts + seeds are coarsely chopped. Should not be ground as fine as a meal, make sure there is still some texture remaining. Add Chia + sesame seeds to processed mixture.
In mixing bowl combine wet ingredients.
In separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients + processed nut + seed mixture.
Add flax egg mixture to wet ingredients.
Combine wet + dry mixtures.
Scrape and smooth batter into prepared loaf pan.
Top with remaining 1 T of Flax seeds, reserved pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, + Maldon salt.
Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown crust has formed + toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
Let cool completely before cutting. Store in refrigerator or freezer. Great toasted + spread with vegan butter or ghee.