The only Mac ‘n Cheese recipe you’ll ever need – great for the whole family. Aside from the forkfuls of deliciousness, this dish’s added creamy and smooth texture is filled with vitamin D and calcium, providing your body with the essential nutrients you need for the upcoming winter.
After a long day, this meal is perfect for any weeknight meal – enjoy!
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1-1 1/4 cup unsweetened Lavva Milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped sage
- 1 tbsp chopped dried porcini mushrooms
- 5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 Tbsp vegan shredded cheese
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 10 ounces gluten-free pasta of choice
- Fresh sage sautéed in oil over medium heat for 1 minute or until just slightly browned
- Pili Nuts*
- Optional: Chili Oil for finishing
- To make the sauce, add 2 cups pumpkin puree) to a high-speed blender along with peeled roasted garlic, arrowroot starch, Lavva milk, sea salt, sage, dried porccini mushrooms, nutritional yeast, vegan cheese cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and red pepper flake.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavor, as needed.
- While sauce cooks, boil water for pasta.
- To serve, add cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve as-is or garnish with pili nuts, sautéed sage, and chili oil if desired.
- Cool leftovers and store in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
*If you can’t find Pili nuts you can use pine nuts as an alternative.