You will not believe this decadent ‘treat’ is full of flavor AND functional benefits with mushrooms, probiotics, protein, fiber and adaptogens. The caramel sauce is optional, but we think you’d be silly to pass it up. Plus it keeps in the fridge for 4 weeks so you can use it on pretty much everything. You’re welcome 🙂
- 1 cup Unsweetened Lavva Plant Milk
- 1 packet Four Sigmatic Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Original Lavva yogurt
- 1/4 cup canned coconut cream (just the meat, can also sub with fresh coconut)
- 1 tsp. Maca powder
- 2 Tbsp. Cacao nibs, divided
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. Chia seed
- 1 tsp. Flax seed
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1 Tbsp. homemade caramel sauce (see below)
- Caramel sauce (optional):
1/3 cup raw almond butter, unsalted
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- If using caramel: place all caramel ingredients in blender or food processor and blend approximately 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Place 1 Tbsp. In glass and save rest in airtight container for up to 1 month in the refrigerator (or 2-3 months in freezer).
- To make the smoothie: blend all ingredients except 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs and ice for 60 seconds until creamy. Add additional 1 Tbsp. Cacao nibs and ice, blend for 20 seconds until just incorporated (you don’t want to turn ice in to water, or lose the slight texture of nibs).
- Pour smoothie over caramel in glass, top with additional caramel and/or cacao nibs, if desired.
Recipe from our friend at The Blissful Kitchen