Baking season and fall are synonymous right? Cozy up with a good book and these vegan, gluten free Hot Cocoa Muffins made with Chocolate Plant Milk. They taste rich and chocolate-y like nostalgic hot chocolate, but with a better-for-you ingredient list, you could almost get away with calling these breakfast.
- 1 and 1/2 cup 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup chocolate plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Chocolate chips and mini marshmallows of course! Measure these with your heart 🙂
- This healthy dessert recipe is very, very easy to make! All in all, it should only require about 45 minutes from start to finish. This may seem a little long, but the prep time is quick and the baking time takes a little longer to make this sweet muffins fluffy, trust me!
- Start by preheating your oven to 350F. Then, line your muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in this recipe first: in your big mixing bowl add in the pumpkin puree, applesauce, chocolate plant milk, and vanilla and mix really well.
- Then, add in your dry ingredients into the same bowl: 1 to 1 baking flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch sea salt, coconut sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix super well and be sure to break apart any clumps in your batter. Feel free to add in some chocolate chips into your batter here as well, but you don’t have to just yet.
- Use your ice cream scoop to measure out 12 equal muffins. Smooth out the tops and sprinkle on your chocolate chips and mini marshmallows right on top. Add as many as your heart desires here 🙂
- Bake for about 40 minutes, cool, and enjoy. Make yourself a warm cup of coffee to enjoy alongside your hot cocoa muffins for the perfect cold day treat.